Welcome to Roanoke Linux Users Group Sunday, August 20 2017 @ 12:08 AM EDT
An extra special session of the Roanoke Linux Users Group, open to ROALUG and all other tech/makerspace groups in the area!
The Goal: Form a team (or work on your own) and submit a project to the Hackaday Prize design challenge.
Need some inspiration for your project? Here are some ideas:
•Citizen Science - Build a graphene supercapacitor, study the effects of a behavior, build an open source instrumentation device.
• Automation - Build a device that makes breakfast or buys laundry detergent when you’re running low. Automatically track stuff, automate any process, build a Me-robot to do your every whim
•Assistive technologies - Build a project that helps others move better, see better, or live better. Whether that means exoskeletons, a better wheelchair, a braille display, or educational software, we want to see it.
• Or any other idea you have to hack for social change! Leverage your talent and find solutions to address technology issues facing humanity today.
• 1:00pm: Introductions, meet n greet, eat some snacks
• 1:30pm: Form teams, brainstorm and create your project proposals. See the other entries here: https://hackaday.io/submissions/prize2016/list
• 3:00pm: Share ideas in a round of lightning pitches and get feedback from the other teams
• 4:00pm: Submit your project ideas to the Hackaday Prize design challenge according to https://hackaday.io/prize/details#one
• 4:30pm: Wrap up and celebrate!
What to Bring:
• Your laptop and charger
• Pen and paper
• A brain ready to generate ideas